Assam HS first year exam questions on prepositions with answers for Alternative English.
Q. Fill in the blanks below with appropriate prepositions.
1. The lion was resting under the shade of the tree.
2. The aeroplane flew right across the black cloud.
3. The ship rolled over the huge breakers.
4. The chicks in the nest were sleeping.
5. The fruits of the tree were ripe and sweet.
1. All the players shook hands at the end of the match.
2. The bus was late this morning but it is usually on time.
3. She is standing in queue.
4. Write your name at the top of the page.
5. Can you meet me at the station?
6. I was delighted with the present you gave me.
7. They invited only a few people to the party.
8. We were excited about going on holiday tomorrow.
1. I come from a big family.
2. What is this called in English?
3. No evil can happen to a good man.
4. It is you who are to blame for your mistakes.
5. Throw the ball at the wicket.
6. Man doesn't live by bread alone.
7. Women wear necklaces around their neck.
1. He insisted on seeing the documents.
2. He is always in a hurry.
3. I am not very good at games.
4. He has been missing for two days.
5. The train goes to Delhi from Guwahati.
6. He threw stones at his attackers.
7. The house is on fire.
8. The situation was brought under control by the police.
1. He has no ability to work hard.
2. We should not boast of our fortunes.
3. Perseverance is the key to success.
4. One must abide by one's promise.
5. I have not seen him since February.
6. Our school starts at 10 AM.
7. He congratulated her on her success.
8. Last night a thief broke into my house.
1. We are not accustomed to such a situation.
2. You have to put up with the police investigation.
3. The knife was thrown into the dustbin.
4. The murder was committed the day before yesterday.
5. Please call for the forensic officer.
6. The children should refrain themselves from entering the crime scene.
7. Guard against criminals.
8. We can look forward to the High Court for Justice.