Assam AHSEC HS Class 12 Exam English Grammar Questions on Transformation of Sentences Of 2007-2020 for Both General English and Alternative English Solved From RG's Question Bank. General English Questions Of 2013-2020 and Alternative English Questions Of 2007-2020 have been covered.
01. Transformation of Affirmative, Negative and Interrogative Sentences:
Q A. Change into affirmative:
1. He left no plan untried.
He tried all plans. Or
He tried every plan.
2. No sooner did he see me than he began to quarrel.
As soon as he saw me, he began to quarrel.
3. None but Anita can do the sum.
Only Anita can do the sum.
4. There is no smoke without fire.
Where there's smoke there's fire.
5. Is it not a foolish idea?
It is a foolish idea.
6. I am not an unreasonable man.
I am a reasonable man.
7. Nobody can deny that he is clever.
Everybody must admit that he is clever.
8. No one can escape his destiny.
Everyone must accept his destiny.
9. None but a rogue can act thus.
Only a rogue can act thus.
10. Never again shall I come here.
I have come here for the last time.
11. There is no rose without a thorn.
Every rose has a thorn.
12. Nobody will deny that I am right. Everybody must admit that I am right.
13. I saw nothing in the bag but husks and dust.
I saw only husks and dust in the bag.
14. None but a brave soldier can act thus. Only a brave soldier can act thus.
15. There is nobody but believes in his honesty.
Everybody believes in his honesty.
16. No one but a coward would fail to do his duty.
Only a coward would fail to do his duty.
17. Is there anything wrong with me? Everything is right with me.
18. She is too intelligent not to understand it.
She is so intelligent that she can understand it. Or
She is intelligent enough to understand it.
19. Who doesn't know that the sun rises in the east?
Everyone knows that the sun rises in the east.
20. There is no cloud without a silver lining.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
21. Are all of them not going for the movie?
All of them are going for the movie.
22. Is there any nation in the world that is not taking notice of India today?
Every nation in the world is taking notice of India today.
23. No one found the play uninteresting.
Everyone found the play interesting.
24. There is no rose without a thorn.
Every rose has a thorn.
25. No one can escape destiny.
Everyone must face his destiny.
Q. B. Change into negative.
1. Everybody must admit that Tendulkar is a great cricketer.
Nobody can deny that Tendulkar is a great cricketer.
2. He tried all plans.
He left no plans untried.
3. Only Ram was present there.
None but Ram was present there.
4. You are richer than I.
I am not so rich as you are.
5. I tried every plan.
I left no plan untried.
6. It is often difficult to speak the truth.
It is not always easy to speak the truth.
7. Everybody will admit that I am right.
Nobody will deny that I am right.
8. You are the only person fit for the post.
None but you are fit for the post.
9. He is competent for the post.
He is not incompetent for the post.
10. John is the only person fit for the post.
None but John is fit for the post.
11. As soon as he saw me he began to weep.
No sooner had he seen me than he began to weep.
12. As soon as the teacher came, we all stood up.
No sooner had the teacher come than we all stood up.
13. Can their glory ever fade?
Their glory can never fade.
14. In all respects, this computer is like any other.
In no respect is this computer different from any other. Or
This computer is not different from any other in any respect.
15. Man is mortal.
Man is not immortal. Or
No man is immortal.
16. I came here for the last time.
Never again shall I come here.
17. God alone can save him.
None but God can save him.
18. Where there's smoke there's fire.
There is no smoke without fire.
19. He is sometimes careless.
He is not always careful.
20. As soon as I arrived the noise ceased.
No sooner had I arrived than the noise ceased.
21. Everybody will admit that Radha is right.
Nobody will deny that Radha is right.
22. Samir is taller than Bimal.
Bimal is not so tall as Samir.
23. Only students are allowed to enter the hall.
None but the students are allowed to enter the hall.
24. I shall always remember you.
I shall never forget you.
25. I was doubtful if he would come.
I was not sure if he would come.
26. I will always remember the horror of the floods.
I shall never forget the horror of the floods.
27. Only authorised personnel may enter through these gates.
None but the authorised personnel may enter through these gates.
28. Only corrupt people are protesting against demonetization.
None but the corrupt people are protesting against demonetisation.
29. Chennai is hotter than Mumbai.
Mumbai is not so hot as Chennai.
30. Winters in Guwahati are getting colder each year.
Winters in Guwahati are not getting hotter each year.
Q C. Change into Interrogative
1. I shall never forget you.
Shall I ever forget you?
2. Everybody wishes to be happy.
Who doesn't wish to be happy?
3. Nowhere in the world you will find a place more beautiful than Assam.
Where else in the world will you find a place more beautiful than Assam?
4. There is nothing wrong with me.
Is there anything wrong with me?
5. I can never forget you.
Can I ever forget you?
6. She will never go there.
Will she ever go there?
7. He can never forgive you.
Can he ever forgive you?
8. I can never forget your kindness.
Can I ever forget your kindness?
9. The beauties of nature are beyond description.
Are not the beauties of nature beyond description?
10. I shall never forget those happy days.
Shall I ever forget those happy days?
11. He saw someone in the room.
Did he not see anyone in the room?
12. Nobody asked you to come here.
Who asked you to come here?
13. No one can understand the mystery of life.
Can anyone understand the mystery of life?
14. The boys were not present there. Were the boys present there?
15. This is not the correct way of answering the question.
Is this the correct way of answering the questions?
16. He will do the work all by himself.
Will he not do the work all by himself?
17. One can never forget a good friend.
Can one ever forget a good friend?
18. The nation is taking big strides to turn digital.
Isn't the nation taking big strides to turn digital?
19. I left my phone behind at your place.
Did I not leave my phone behind at your place?
20. The waters of the Siang have turned turbid.
Haven't the waters of the Siang turned turbid?
21. A leopard can never change its spots.
Can a leopard ever change its spots
02. Transformation of Positive, Comparative and Superlative Degrees:
Q D. Change into Positive Degree.
1. Kolkata is bigger than any other city in India.
No other city in India is as big as Kolkata.
2. The Brahmaputra is the longest river in India.
No other river in India is as long as the Brahmaputra
3. The Bhupen Hazarika Xetu at Dhola Sadiya is the longest bridge in India.
No other bridge in India is as long as the Bhupen Hazarika Xetu at Dhola Sadiya.
4. Atul is the best boy in the class.
No other boy in the class is as good as Atul.
Q E. Change into comparative degree:
1. This is the best book on the subject.
This is better than any other book on the subject. Or
This is better than all other books on the subject.
2. Kolkata is the most populous city in India.
Kolkata is more populous than any other city in India. Or
Kolkata is more populous than all other cities in India.
3. No other boxer is as great as Mary Com.
Mary Com is greater than any other boxer. Or
Mary Com is greater than all other boxers.
4. This is one of the best colleges in the North.
This is better than most other colleges in the North.
Q F. Change into superlative degree.
1. No other boxer is as great as Mary Com.
Mary Com is the greatest of all boxers. Or
Mary Com is the greatest boxer of all.
2. No other boy is as intelligent as Raju.
Raju is the most intelligent boy.
03. Transformation of Simple, Complex and Compound Sentences:
Q G. Change into a simple sentence.
1. I know where he was born.
I know his birth place. Or
I know the place of his birth.
2. He hoped that he would win the prize.
He hoped to win the prize.
3. He desired that I should go there.
He desired me to go there.
4. He is so lazy that he can't shine in life.
He is too lazy to shine in life.
5. He admitted that he had done wrong.
He admitted his fault.
6. A stone that is rolling gathers no moss.
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
7. The students who are good do their homework regularly.
The good students do their homework regularly.
Q H. Change into a complex sentence.
1. He came in the evening.
He came when it was evening.
2. I know his name.
I know what his name is.
3. We heard of her failure.
We heard that he had failed.
4. He wants me to help him.
He wants that I should help him.
5. On seeing the lion, he ran away.
As he saw the lion, he ran away. Or
When he saw the lion he ran away.
Q I. Change into compound sentences.
1. You must work hard to succeed.
Work hard and you will succeed.
2. Having done his work he left the place.
He did his work and left the place.
3. Unless you work hard you will fail.
Work hard or you will fail.
4. The enemy fled as soon as they saw us.
The enemy saw us and at once fled.
5. Being ill, he couldn't attend school.
He was ill, so he couldn't attend school.
04. Transformation of Exclamatory and Assertive Sentences:
Q J. Change into an exclamatory sentence.
1. Your hair is very lovely.
How lovely your hair is!
Q K. Change into assertive.
1. Is it not a foolish idea?
It is a foolish idea.
2. Why waste time in this fruitless occupation?
You should not waste time in this fruitless occupation.
3. Is he not a great fool?
He is a great fool.
4. Who does not wish to be happy?
Everyone wishes to be happy.
5. When can their glory fade?
Their glory can never fade.
6. Is he not a great miser?
He is a great miser.
7. Who does not know that two and two make four?
Everyone knows that two and two make four.
8. Wasn't Kothanodi a unique film?
Kothanodi was a unique film.
9. Aren't dogs faithful animals?
Dogs are faithful animals.